Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Ain't Dead Yet, Shit!

Well, I've been here for 29 years now. My life has seen the tail end of the 70s, the 80s, 90s and a new millennium. Like Lewis Black, I still feel a bit screwed - No flying cars. Frankly, I'm not all that sure what I'm supposed to feel about this. Am I to feel anything? Through movies and TV, I've been told that, if I'm a girl, I should feel old, ugly and decrepit. However, I don't have a vagina. The few instances in entertainment where a yarn has been unraveled about a dude in this age (though I usually think it's either nearing 40 or 50), there's been some completely manufactured reason for them to be something other than just apathetic.

Several have asked me today how I feel. I don't feel old, but I am rather tired and have been dealing with a persistent, uncooperative headache. I'm not complaining just stating an answer. I do have to say that I don't mind this. I'm very calm about what I've got and where I'm at. Though it's all-too-soon to take a look back, I've been doing it since high school and I don't really see a barren, empty abyss in which my life has merely disappeared. In fact, every year has, either through mistake or measured thought, seemed to liven up and enrich my view of the world we live in, for better or for worse.

I don't really want to end it like that, but I've got some work to do...

More to come on this. :)

Ok, it's 11/20 now and I'm back to finish, or at least add to yesterday's thoughts.

Oddly enough or maybe even typical for me, I can't bring the words to the page that would add to what I said yesterday. However, I would like to say thanks to all who gave me gifts and best wishes. While it wasn't the best gift I received, I was given a book called The Guitar Bible. This gift has really put some gas in the tank of my leaning toward actually buying one and learning how to play. Now, if only they didn't cost so damn much. :)

Sorry the additional sentences were so anti-climactic. Have a great day!